Sunday, July 27, 2008

Saturday in Indy


We got up yesterday morning and headed for Indy. We drove straight to the race track....what a traffic nightmare!!! Brian and Grant ended up just getting out of the van as traffic slowed by one of the gates of the track so we didn't have to worry about finding a place to stop. They spent the day watching the qualifying for the Brickyard 400 and a drunk (well built-according to Brian) woman repeatedly lift her shirt. The girls and I headed to Plainfield to meet up with Grandma Kay, Laura & Christian at Cord Camera. Anastasia was being dropped off at her Aunt Paula Kirkpatrick's house to head to church camp for the week. The Cord Camera in Plainfield is a very nice store!!! I got a REALLY good deal on 2 Quickutz alphabets that were 75% off!!!! We had lunch at Red Robin and then headed for the Children's Museum. Shelby, Christian & Chloe had a blast at the Children's Museum. We stayed until the Museum closed and then Grandma Kay, Laura & Christian headed for home and the girls and I headed back to the track to pick up Brian & Grant. I was concerned about being able to find them, but I picked them up in practically the same place we had dropped them off. I just stopped in traffic and they jumped into the van. We had supper at Max & Erma's and then headed to our hotel. We all took a dip in the pool (I stuck to the hot tub) and finished out our day.....we were all pretty exhausted!!!! We're getting ready to head off to the Indiana History Museum and then we'll probably be heading home. We want to make sure that we are North of Indy before the Brickyard ends today!!!

No comments: